ISOLATEK® Type CP-2 is a durable Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) designed to provide fire resistance to structural steel, concrete and composite metal decks in internal and semi-exposed conditions for commercial construction projects.
ISOLATEK Type CP-2 is a factory controlled premix based on cement and vermiculite that is cost effective and easy to apply.
- Meets or exceeds all major fire protection specifications for Commercial structures including BS476: Parts 20 & 21, EN1338-1: Parts 3 & 4 (Pending), ANSI/ UL 263, ASTM E119, and CAN/ULC-S101.
- Provides up to 4 hour fire resistance ratings.
- Proven material with over 20 years of use in the industry.
- Offers exceptional fire resistance performance per unit thickness.
- Exceptional adhesion properties ensure long term performance in environments where limited abuse and aesthetic exposure is anticipated.
- The Portland cement- based formulation has proven its durability through the harshest of tests including blast overpressures of up to 1.88 atmospheres (2 bar) and subsequent fire exposure tests.
These tests resulted in ratings for up to 4 hour fire resistance for steel beams, columns, concrete and composite floors.
The durable surface and Portland cement based formulation of the product make it well suited for application in areas which may be subjected to semi-exposed areas.
Fire Tests & Approvals
In order to meet the performance and durability criteria set forth by American Institute of Architects (AIA) and other major industry specifying organizations, ISOLATEKsup>® Type CP-2 has undergone the most rigorous testing in accordance with the world’s most demanding safety protocols
- Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119, ISO834) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- UL Classification Mark
- Cellulosic – BS476: Part 20: 1987 – Method of Determination of the fire resistance of elements construction & EN 1363-1 – Fire Resistance Tests, General Requirements
- New York City Materials and Equipment Acceptance (MEA)
Cellulosic – ANSI/UL263 (ASTM E119) – Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 537°C (1000°F) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 1093°C (2000°F) after a period of up to 4 hours.
ISOLATEK Type CP-2 is classified by Underwriters Laboratories for up to 4 hours protection in accordance with the cellulosic fire test and is listed within various UL Designs.
UL Classification Mark
The UL Classification Mark indicates compliance with global requirements as it relates to a specific risk or casualty. With the Classification service, UL determines that a manufacturer has demonstrated the ability to produce a product complying with UL’s requirements with respect to one or more of the following:
- Specific risk, e.g., casualty, fire, etc.
- Performance under specific conditions
- Compliance with regulatory codes
- Compliance with specific standards such as international standards
- Other condition, as determined by UL
All of the products carrying a UL Classification Mark are covered by UL’s Follow-Up Services program to verify that products carrying the UL Classification Mark continue to be manufactured in compliance with UL’s safety requirements.
Cellulosic – BS476: Part 20: 1987 – Method of Determination of the fire resistance of elements construction & EN 1363-1 – Fire Resistance Tests, General Requirements:
This cellulosic fire test is traditionally used to evaluate materials for use in the protection of modern day commercial structures. This test reaches 576°C (1069°F) after 5 minutes and gradually reaches a temperature of 1153°C (2107°F) after a period of up to 4 hours.
ISOLATEK Type CP-2 has been evaluated in accordance with BS476: Parts 20-21: 1987 & EN 1363-2 for periods up to 4 hours on beams and columns which is listed within a Warrington assessment report.
|ASTM Physical Performance Standards||Test Performance*
Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Materials (SFRM’s)
|Physical Property||ASTM Standard||ISOLATEK® Type CP-2|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||ASTM E84||0
|Density||ASTM E605||22 pcf (350 kg/m3)±15%|
|Deflection||ASTM E759||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Bond Impact||ASTM E760||No cracks, spalling, or delamination|
|Compressive Strength||ASTM E761||11758 psf (563 kPa)|
|Corrosion||ASTM E937||Does not promote corrosion of steel|
|Air Erosion||ASTM E859||No Air Erosion|
|Fungal Resistance||ASTM G21||Zero Growth After 28 days|
*Based on independent laboratory tests under controlled conditions.